For some disabled and semi-disabled elderly people, wheelchairs are not only used for transportation but also an important tool for them to take rehabilitation exercises and participate in social activities. When purchasing electric wheelchairs for the elderly, we should consider the functions of the main components. Do you know how to choose a suitable wheelchair from electric wheelchair manufacturers?
The first is the size of the wheelchair. The width and depth of the seat, the height of the backrest and the height of the armrest depend on the body shape of the elderly patients, and the material quality depends on the diseases of the users.
(1) Wheel landing: When elderly users drive themselves to walk, no matter if they press on a small stone or cross a small hurdle, other wheels will not be suspended, otherwise the direction will be out of control or suddenly turned, threatening the safety of the elderly.
(2) Attitude stability: When elderly users want to climb the ramp or cross the ramp independently, they can't turn over on their backs, buckle their heads or turn sideways.
(3) Slope performance: When the wheelchair climbs the slope and brakes the car, the wheelchair cannot slide down the slope or rollover.
(4) Sliding offset: Deviation means unbalanced configuration. The elderly should be clear about the performance of wheelchairs. Generally speaking, the deviation of wheelchairs from the zero line should be less than 35cm in the 2.5 inspection track.
(5) Minimum gyration radius: do 360 bidirectional gyration on the horizontal test surface, which shall not be greater than 0.85m.
(6) Minimum reversing width: The minimum channel width that can turn the wheelchair 180 by one backward step shall not be greater than 1.5 meters.
The selected wheelchair cushion should be able to effectively prevent the occurrence of pressure sores. Leg support is ideal for swinging to one side or dismounting. Attention must be paid to the height of the footrest. If the foot is too high, the hip flexion angle will be too large, and the weight will be added to the ischial tuberosity, which will easily cause pressure sores. If the elderly patients have better balance and control of the trunk, they can choose a wheelchair with a low back, so that the patients can have greater mobility. On the contrary, choose a wheelchair with a high back. Or arm supports are generally about 25cm higher than the seat surface of the chair, and some arm supports can be adjusted in height. You can also put a board on the arm support shelf for the elderly to read and eat in wheelchairs.