Wheelchairs are not only an important tool for the elderly, the disabled and other people to carry out rehabilitation, but also a means of transportation in their daily life, which has a very positive significance in helping them regain hope and shaping their positive attitude. So what are the types of wheelchairs? How to maintain the wheelchair?
(1) Portable electric power wheelchairs have different specifications for adults or children. In order to meet the needs of people with different degrees of disability, there are many different control methods for electric wheelchairs. For those who have some residual functions of their hands or forearms, electric wheelchairs operated by their hands or forearms can be selected. The button or remote control lever of this wheelchair is very sensitive, and it can be operated by slight contact of fingers or forearms. For patients with complete loss of hand and forearm function, an electric wheelchair operated by the lower jaw can be used.
(2) Folding wheelchair, its frame can be folded, so it is easy to carry and transport. This is the most widely used one at home and abroad. Handrails or pedals of folding wheelchairs are detachable.
(3) Sports Wheelchairs are special wheelchairs designed according to the competition. Light weight, and can run faster in outdoor applications. In order to reduce the weight, some sports wheelchairs can not only remove the armrest and footrest, but also remove the handle of the backrest, in addition to high-strength lightweight materials (such as aluminum alloy).
(1) Keep the body clean in a dry and ventilated place to prevent the parts from rusting.
(2) Regularly check the tire usage, timely repair the rotating parts, and regularly add a small amount of lubricating oil.
(3) Keep the tire with sufficient air pressure and avoid contact with oil and acid substances to prevent damage.
(4) Before using the wheelchair and within one month, check whether the bolts are loose, and if so, tighten them in time. During normal use, check every three months to ensure that all parts are in good condition. Check all kinds of strong nuts on the wheelchair (especially the fixing nuts of the rear axle). If any looseness is found, adjust and tighten them in time.