With the deepening of aging in China, the problem of difficult travel for the elderly has gradually aroused people's attention. In order to solve the problem of inconvenient travel, travel aids for the elderly have become the choice of more and more elderly people. Walking aids for the elderly can play a very good role in assisting travel. However, there are a lot of demands on the selection and use of walking aids. If they are not properly selected, they may cause harm to the users' health. So, what problems should we pay attention to when selecting and using walking aids? The following are our selection suggestions and precautions in use:
(1) The walker should be firm and have sufficient strength to ensure the safety of users. Reasonable structure (such as frame structure, triangle structure, etc.) can further enhance the stability of products; At the same time, to ensure portability, it is best to use a light walker for the elderly.
(2) Pay attention to anti-slip design. Most of the walkers on the market are equipped with pulleys, and it is difficult for the elderly to respond in time because of their declining physical function and slow response. Therefore, it is self-evident that it is important to do a good job in anti-skid of walkers. To ensure safety, you can also choose to install a walker for braking system.
(3) Pay attention to the details of appliances. When choosing a walker, pay attention to the design of the corner to avoid the user being hurt by bumping when using it; In addition, auxiliary functions can be configured according to the user's own situation and needs, such as lighting, storage, Bluetooth positioning, etc.
(4) Ensure the use comfort. Select the material of the handle according to the user's preference; In addition, it is also necessary to consider the degree of adaptation between the user's own situation and the type of walker. For example, it is best for users suffering from lumbar diseases not to use the walker that needs to be pushed by bending down.
(1) Every time before using the walker, the walker should be checked, such as whether the walker is adjusted to an appropriate height, whether the screw is loose, and whether the rubber pad is worn to ensure the safety of the equipment.
(2) When using the walker, don't get too close to the walker, otherwise it will easily cause the hidden trouble of falling backwards because of the backward center of gravity.
Of course, the most important thing is that when choosing a walker, you should choose the style that best meets the user's needs and is considered the most comfortable by the user. Then, using the walker according to the correct method can give full play to its maximum effect.